CAS 1135-24-6 Ferulic Acid Powder 98%
What is Ferulic acid?Ferulic acid powder is extracted from the stem and root of Ferula assafoetida L.,whole plant of Cimicifuga foetida L. Ferulic acid is white powder,
the melting point is 174 °C, ferulic soluble in hot water, ethanol and ethyl acetate, slightly soluble in ether, insoluble in benzene and petroleum ether.
Ferulic acid powder, like many phenols, is an antioxidant in the sense that it is reactive toward free radicals such as reactive oxygen species (ROS).
ROS and free radicals are implicated in DNA damage, cancer, accelerated cell aging.
Animal studies and in vitro studies suggest that ferulic acid may have direct antitumor activity against breast cancer and liver cancer.
Ferulic acid may have pro-apoptotic effects in cancer cells, thereby leading to their destruction. Ferulic acid may be effective
at preventing cancer induced by exposure to the carcinogenic compounds benzopyrene and 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide.
Function of Ferulic acid:
- Ferulic acid powder has function of enhancing human bodys motility of sperm and mobility.
- Ferulic acid powder can inhibit platelet aggregation, increase 3H-5HT releasing from platelet.
- Ferulic acid powder can inhibit thrombosis, lower blood viscosity, in order to increase brain microcirculation, it can used for curing ischemia palsy.
- Ferulic acid powder can be used to antioxidation, clear free radical, protective cell, accommodate body immune function.
- Ferulic acid powder can anti-bacteria, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, anti- mutation, anti- ultraviolet radiation.
Application ofFerulic acid:
- Applied in Pharmaceutical field,ferulic acid powderis mainly used to anti-bacteria, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor and anti- mutation;
- Applied in cosmetic field, ferulic acid powder is mainly used as raw materials with the function of anti-oxidationand anti- ultraviolet radiation.
|Assay (HPLC)||≥ 98.00%||98.89%|
|Appearance||White or off-white powder||Conforms|
|Particle Size||100%Through 80 mesh||Conform|
|Loss on drying||≤0.5%||0.38%|
|Residue on Ignition||≤0.2%||0.13%|
|Natural Degree C13 Test||- 33 ~ - 36||- 34.8|
|Natural Degree C14/12 Test||12 ~ 16||14.1|
|Total Heavy Metals||≤10ppm||Conforms|
|Total Plate Count||≤5000cfu/g||Conforms|
|Total Yeast & Mold||≤100cfu/g||Conforms|