Botanical Resource:Scutellaria baicalensis.Georgi
Part of the Plant Used Root
Melting point(m.p.):268 ºC ~ 272 ºC (methanol).
Product Specification:Baicalein 80%, 85%,95%,98%
High Quality 98% Baicalein
Name of Product: Baicalin
Part of Used: Root
Purity: HPLC 98%
Appearance: Light Yellow powder
Function: Improve cerebral blood circulation
Yellow needle crystal, soluble in ethanol, methanol, ether, acetone, ethyl acetate and acetic acid in the heat, slightly soluble chloroform and nitrobenzene, almost do not dissolve in water. Sodium hydroxide was dissolved in dilute Green brown, dissolved in concentrated sulfuric acid yellow and green fluorescent significant.
Radix Scutellariae traditionally it is known as a nerve tonic and sedative for relieving anxiety, neuralgia, and insomnia. Radix Scutellariae was first mentioned in Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing. In China it is found in prescriptions for fevers, colds, high blood pressure, hypertension, insomnia, headache, intestinal inflammation, vomiting of blood, and other conditions.
Baicalein is a flavone, originally isolated from the Radix Scutellariae (Scutellaria baicalensis). It is the aglycone of baicalin. The flavonoid has been shown to inhibit certain types of lipoxygenases and act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Baicalein is an inhibitor of CYP2C9, an enzyme of the cytochrome P450 system that metabolizes drugs in the body.
1) In pharmaceutical field: As pharmaceutical raw materials for clearing heat, anti- inflammation, detumescence and so on.
2) In health product industry: As products effective ingredients for improving blood circulation and soothing the nerves.
1. Baicalein be used for the treatment of paralysis after cerebrovascular disease;
2. Baicalein can remove oxygen free radicals, but also inhibit the melanin formation;
3. Baicalein will reduce cerebral vascular resistance, improve blood circulation, increase cerebral blood flow and has anti-platelet aggregation effect;
4. Baicalein has antibacterial, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, anti-metamorphosis and antispasmodic effect, and has strong anti-cancer response to physiological performance.